Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Photos from Luxor

Colossi of Memnon

A temple... I forgot the name :/ sorry









Hatshepsut's temple!  First female pharaoh of egypt!

Right as I took this picture a piece fell off of the statue he was working on -.-

Except for the smile, the lady in the green looks like my real mom's twin! Except she looked a little older.  :p so my mom's older twin haha I had to get a sneaky picture...





Excavations!


Alabaster factory near the temple

Valley of the Kings




wow. capitalism needs to have some respect. But whats cool is Luxor Temple is right in the middle of the city, kind of like Notre Dame in Paris.




Luxor temple evolved with everyone that occupied egypt.  Many pharaohs added on to it and the romans too.  This is a mosque inside of it.



Romans just pasted over the top of the pharonic stuff haha

open air museum next to the temple

Banana plantation
bricks






Felluca
I'm sorry for waiting so long to upload these!  Nothing major happened in Luxor, no amazing stories like the last one haha, just went sight-seeing, but I hope you enjoy!  PS prom is in 2 days so I figured I should catch up here so I can post pictures after!

No comments:

Post a Comment