Three more days until I fly to the Big Apple to start off my adventure with a family vacation! One week of Broadway, museums, taxis, and jogs in Central Park :) Stay tuned for plenty of pictures and memories before I leave my life in America behind for the Middle East. My "Aby Masri" or Egyptian dad is Ali and he is a surgeon, my Umy Masri (mom) is Amani and I have two sisters my age! Nada is studying abroad in New York, so I won't get to meet her :'( but Sarah will still be there to show me the ropes and help me as I happily stumble through my time in Cairo. I'm living in a suburb called Nasr City and apparently if I get homesick there's a McDonalds right down the street :P I'm going to try to avoid it, so for my Aielati Masri I'm going to bring some of my favorite Mexican food recipes and some smoked salmon instead. Here are some pictures of where I'll be living my life for the next 10 MONTHS (it seems like sooooo long!)
No comments:
Post a Comment