Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mokkatam

this is my favorite


first glimpse of pyramids -.- in three months


pictures from school

Menna, Salma, Me, Habiba, and Sharaf

some of my class with my strange english teacher Miss Alia
Pretty much every time all of us exchange students get together I have some of my best times in Egypt, and tonight was no exception.  Today we went to Mokkatam, a hill overlooking all of Cairo.  We barely missed the sunset ;( but we saw it on the way up, but I wasn’t able to get a picture… The view was amazing, though it was hampered by the load of smog lying like a smothering blanket over the horizon, or like a big hazy piece of crap.  We stayed and hung out, took pictures (I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST GLIMPSE OF THE PYRAMIDS! Three months and this is all I have to show for it.  When I told my host mom her reaction was, “Oh, wow, finally.” -.-) and afterwards we went to a cafĂ© near Gabriel’s flat that was really bad.  The only reason I would go back would be for the chocolate milkshakes.  Its called Pizza Island, so if you ever find yourself in Cairo, Egypt and end up in Mokkatam, don’t order food from there.  Just milkshakes, chocolate ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment