Itinerary:
-Citadel
-Al Rifa'i Mosque
-Al Azhar Park
Louise and I went with Ahmed and Kareem. I loved it, so, shukranshukranshukran you guys! :) The view from the Citadel was great and the outside of the mosque was really cool, well it was covered in dust and sand, but it just reminded me that I was in the middle east, where dust and sand are impossible to get rid of, which made it seem like something out of Prince of Persia instead of my own life :) Inside the Citadel, we also visited the Military Museum that went all the way from Pharonic times to Modern times. Ahmed and Kareem got in for two pounds, while Louise and I had to pay 25 each haha oh well. Afterwards, we went to Al Rifa'i mosque, and the boys got in free :) We only payed 15 this time haha. It was really beautiful :) Its hard to capture it in pictures, but I tried my best. Next, we were headed somewhere, but no one knew the exact way, so we spent a while just wondering through the tiny, winding, dilapadated streets of Old Cairo until we finally found an acctual paved road. I love Egypt :) Once we found the road, Kareem gave up trying to find the mystery place and we all went and had lunch at Al Azhar park, which was also gorgeous :) Overall, it was a great day and it wouldn't have been near as much fun alone as it was with my wonderful friends. It definetly beat staying at home alone!
-Citadel
-Al Rifa'i Mosque
-Al Azhar Park
| view from the Citadel |
| Allah |
| Kareem wishing he'd worn some socks... |
| Awwww I love his smile :) |
| Mosque of Muhammad Ali |
| Military Museum |
| Look at the label: modest, much? |
| Kareem, Louise, and Ahmed |
| The sign says, "Don't Touch." |
| the guy closest to the camera is missing his head, its floating next to the boat infront of him... |
| Al Rifa'i Mosque |
Louise and I went with Ahmed and Kareem. I loved it, so, shukranshukranshukran you guys! :) The view from the Citadel was great and the outside of the mosque was really cool, well it was covered in dust and sand, but it just reminded me that I was in the middle east, where dust and sand are impossible to get rid of, which made it seem like something out of Prince of Persia instead of my own life :) Inside the Citadel, we also visited the Military Museum that went all the way from Pharonic times to Modern times. Ahmed and Kareem got in for two pounds, while Louise and I had to pay 25 each haha oh well. Afterwards, we went to Al Rifa'i mosque, and the boys got in free :) We only payed 15 this time haha. It was really beautiful :) Its hard to capture it in pictures, but I tried my best. Next, we were headed somewhere, but no one knew the exact way, so we spent a while just wondering through the tiny, winding, dilapadated streets of Old Cairo until we finally found an acctual paved road. I love Egypt :) Once we found the road, Kareem gave up trying to find the mystery place and we all went and had lunch at Al Azhar park, which was also gorgeous :) Overall, it was a great day and it wouldn't have been near as much fun alone as it was with my wonderful friends. It definetly beat staying at home alone!
No comments:
Post a Comment