Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 2

Stupid Adam woke us up in the morning!  I met Gabriel and we went down to breakfast (early-ish) with Maryam and Yusuf (it was okay, but I’m not a big fan of foul or soft cheese, BUT the bread was good!)  Then we went to this meeting room area and met up with Muhammed.  Then we started the orientation and a little after Achmed joined us.  Then we did some more stuff and had a 20 minute break, but we cleaned up quickly and let the maids in.  Then we chilled and laughed outside the meeting room for 20 EGYPTIAN minutes ;) w/ Muhammed and Achmed they told funny stories and Muhammed gave us all jobs after joking w/ Adam about looking like a cop with both of their sunglasses on inside J Maryam later said that he looked like a young Bruce Willis…I wish our cops looked like Adam!  Hahaha By the way I love it here.  I just had a moment J Anyway there was a teacher, photographer, tour guide, Lalli was an unemployed surgeon, and I was a microbus driver! Which if you’ve been to Egypt and know how I drive is frickin’ hilarious!  They are notoriously crazy, but get you there fast!  Then Maryam and Yusuf came and reminded us that it was probably longer than we thought.  Then we did more stuff and at the end we met the AFS EGY director and the “Rock Jr.”  Nobody but Lalli knew what I ment about Dwayne Johnson!  No one knew him!  Anyway they looked him up while we were waiting for lunch (more of Achmed’s awesome driving!  Crammed in with him, Mohammed, Lalli, and the Rock) We had Kushari which I absolutely LOVE!  It was so much fun I joked around the entire time with Lalli and Adam and Muhammed :D Good times! There is this really HOT sauce that Muhammed warned us about and him and Achmed put it on theirs and they were sweating so much Muhammed was saved from the brink of death when the Pepsi came!  Then we went to go to dessert (lunch is like dinner) and of course Yusuf got lost…we waited for a long time at some random place for him and Maryam and Adam.  The Rock I guess hit his car and he climbed out of his window and we all laughed as he chased him down the street!  Then Adam ran after a bus and jumped on and off and scared the AFS lady, but the rest of us just laughed J She had warned strongly against it at the orientation J Then we went back and somehow had gotten dessert in all the craziness.  It was good, but messy.  Then we just hung out waiting for our families while Adam tried to do an American accent XD Then everyone started leaving and the Rock started to warm up to me and we talked more- he’s a big Barcelona fan and we had both watched the Arsonal/Manchester game so we talked about that. He denied that he looked anything like the Rock, but Muhammed agreed with me, because I was right ;).  The more he assured me that my family would come the more nervous I got.  Then they came and Muhammed said next time he was in Cairo we’d hang out J I can’t wait I already miss him!  Then we went home and Sara and I went and got me a SIM card and some dinner which is like a snack J Then I went and took a shower, called back to America and hung out with my Egyptian family until around 1 a.m. when I went to bed.  Because of the heat I didn’t fall asleep until 4 a.m. We wear shimshim (flipflops) around the house and light the hot water heater with a match!


No comments:

Post a Comment